Friday, February 17, 2017

Hello again, I've been busy this past week or so and will show you some of the results. First up is a new purse.  I've been experimenting with different styles and when I found this upholstery sample square I wondered if I could use it for a purse.  And, yes, you can!  It did present some difficulties with heavy seams and stiff outside fabric with much lighter lining material (quilting cotton). But I think it turned out alright.

Made from upholstery sample and leather straps.
The inside has a zipper pocket and two smaller open pockets for odds and ends. My steadfast sewing partner, Jasmine, is also featured in this pic.

Next to it is a closeup of the snap.  If there was a sticky patch to this purse it was attaching the leather handles.  It is done by hand and getting the needle into the leather holes from the bottom is definitely a challenge.

Late last week I went a little crazy with zipper pouches and made one for my garage heater (otherwise known as my sewing room) which you see below and one for the porch fan (which isn't pictured).

I'm also sewing along with the Sewcial Bee Sampler Sew-Along.  This is week three and my 3 blocks are shown below.  I'm using fabric from an Easter Fat Quarter sampler. These will look better when their lavender borders are applied - as soon as the fabric arrives!
The final piece I have to share is a partially completed mini quilt called "Candygram" which I learned to do from Caroline at SewCanShe. There are many examples posted there.

I didn't quilt it because I think I might make it a part of another quilt I've been working on for over a year and I'll give you a preview of it in my next post.  Until then have a wonderful week (or two) and take care.  Auntie D.

No comments:

Post a Comment