Saturday, March 11, 2017


Remember this little snap wallet?  (See last post) I bought a set of colorful plastic snaps which came with the tools to set them.  It was simple and fast!  Now I want more projects that need snaps.  Here's a picture of the set below.  Honestly, they saw me coming - I love sets of colored things; pens, pencils, crayons, beads, whatever. It comes with a little awl which was great for placing the hole.  The set is a little short on instructions but one of the reviews suggested clipping off the very tip of the button shaft that pokes through the fabric for the best result and I did do that.  The snap doesn't feel flimsy or cheap and has a very satisfying SNAP!

It's called OUNONA 360pcs T5 Snap Button Plastic with Snaps, Pliers, and Organizer Storage Container. I found it on Amazon.

This was Week 6 of the Sewcial Bee Sampler Sew-A-Long and here's my block:


There's not as much contrast as I would like to see but I'm happy with the bunnies and bunny eggs. You can view lots of other blocks on Instagram #Sewcial Bee Sampler.  You can enter the Giveawy on Maureen Cracknell's blog through the weekend.

Middle of last week, I read an article about laser markers and how simple it was to add one to your machine.  The $6.99 price tag seemed really reasonable.  However, should you want to do this here's my experience.  The idea was that the device could be attached to the face of my sewing machine and draw a bright laser line right down the 1/4" line or in a direct line with the needle to make sewing a straight line easier.  Ordered the device which arrived in a couple of days from Harbor Bay.  Headed out to the sewing machine.  And presto! there was the line in just the right place.


At this point I look up and notice that the place I need to attach it to the machine is right over the front of the thread take up lever slots which on my machine go all the way up the front  to the top.  See below:

Not being able to thread the machine can seriously impede your sewing!  Obviously, I should have looked before I leaped.  Thankfully, adding Washi tape to extend the 1/4" line is working just fine. And aren't the swans cute?

In a brighter turn of events I found a cute, FREE pattern for a Hanging Tissue Holder at the Coats & Clark site.  The pattern is pretty simple, uses scrap pieces and a swivel latch hook.


Essentially you fold the pieces and weave them together. Create a tab for the latch hook and sew on the back piece.  Turn it inside out and load up a purse size packet of tissues.  I'm attaching mine to my Sunday School bag since Sunday School is where I always need and never have a tissue.


That's it for this week.  I'm going to try some straight line quilting next week on a real project for the first time.  For me, nothing creates a curve faster than trying to sew a straight line.  Hope you have a great week.  Debbie






No comments:

Post a Comment