Thursday, June 4, 2015

Well, it's been about a month since I shared my projects and some progress has been made!  I settled on a churn dash block (6") for the next blocks for my multi, mini, sampler quilt. And here they are:
I experimented with a couple of "new to me" techniques on a couple of these.  The first was an attempt at Quilt As You Go. 
The finished one is on the right. I did it by hand and found that the center stripes were fine for the QAYG process but the side panels with the Half Square Triangles had to be pieced prior to being quilted onto the batting and backing.  Hmmm...not quite what I was hoping for but I probably chose a difficult block for that process.  I didn't think much of the look on the back either:
Uneven stitches and difficult to see pattern.  Then the walking foot for my machine came in and I was able to try it out. And that went pretty well:
Obviously, well definded lines as the thread used was black!  But still a more satisfactory look for me.  Learning to use the walking foot is getting me ready to finally, finally finish my friend's long promised quilt (See first blog above).  Here is the completed back ready to be basted and quilted.
Big thanks to Lance for holding everything up!  There is a new project in the offing and a baby blanket to finish up and I'll be reporting on those pretty soon.  Bye for now. 

No comments:

Post a Comment