Saturday, June 13, 2015

It has suddenly been an eventful week!  I went to lunch with two of my favorite girlfriends who I haven't seen since I retired in February.  It was great and went on for several hours.  Lots of catching up.  I had promised one that I would be on the lookout for a lap quilt to make her and took some fabric samples to see if we were on the same page:

These are from a Moda Charm pack called Persimmon.  She did like it and I'll be making the charms into a 4-Patch Slice something like this one with a warm mocha lattice and a persimmon border.
However, it will be a while before I start it as I still have to quilt the first one I promised so many years ago.  My walking foot came in earlier this week or late last week - I lose track - so I'll be starting that process next week.

These sawtooth stars and tutorial looked like the perfect next blocks for my blue and white, etc. scrappy quilt --
but on the way to making them, I ran across Island Life Quilts and the "Minis and More" Summer Star Mini.  Something about it just clicked and I immediately stopped everything to sew up the half square triangles and lay one out using another Moda charm pack, Lakeside Gatherings. 
I'm not quite happy with it and may seek out some scrappy red to add a little sparkle before I sew it together.  It should finish out about 12" or so.  It may need a border.  


No comments:

Post a Comment