Saturday, May 13, 2017

Happy Saturday!  My week finally quieted down and I caught up with my Sewcial Bee Sampler Quilt Sewalong.  This is Block 14 and a reappearance of the long-eared lambs.  I'm still loving the Spring theme of these blocks.

















My second one completed this week was Block #15 The Broken Dish.  It is a 6.5" block finished out to be a 12.5" unfinished block.  It was like taking a break. 4 half square trianges and we're done.

I continue to be in awe of Maureen Cracknell and Sharon Holland who are such busy quilters and designers and still make the time to create and lead this process.  Be sure to drop by Sharon's blog to sign up for this week's prizes!!

BTW,  block 15 means 3 of 5 rows are now complete.  I'll layout what I've sewn for you to see next week.







My next "can I do that?" project is a "Circle of Flying Geese" block and is a paper piecing project.  I'd love to show you pictures, however, the current answer to my question is, "No, not yet."  I get seriously challenged by the flipping and the spacial understanding of this process.  I read the directions and watched the tutorial and then went out to sew.  Next week I'll take my computer to the sewing room with me to do the tutorial step-by-step.  Maybe there will be better results!


Meanwhile, there's always time for another tiny snap pouch for easy capture of that lipstick floating somewhere in the bottom of my purse.  These two fabrics just seemed destined to go together.  Hope you have a lovely rest of the weekend.  See you next Saturday.  Debbie

2 comments:

  1. The fabrics for the snap pouch do seem perfect together! I hope the geese project works out for you. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I do love snap pouches. I finally got the hang of the paper piecing and will post the Circle of Geese on Saturday.

    ReplyDelete