Saturday, April 1, 2017

This week's Sewcial Bee Sampler is Block #9 The Wedding Ring.  It does not have a border so is a 12.5" square. I think there are 5 blocks like this with one in the center of the quilt.  Right now, this is my choice for center block. The colors in this block, except the very center piece are light and I'm thinking it might look out of place without the wider sashing.  We'll see...
You can see all the blocks on Instagram #SewcialBeeSampler and I'm assured it's not too late if you'd like to sew along.


Though the fabrics are pale, I'm hoping when surrounded by a dark purple thin border, it will pop and be lovely.   

Jasmine, waking from a nap on her quilt, gave her tacit approval as I was sewing the pieces together.

As strange as it might sound to those who know me well, one of my favorite parts of the piecing process is the pressing stage.  (I wore polyester for years to avoid anything to do with ironing.)  But somehow I now get great satisfaction from seeing the fabric turn into flat, crisp little pieces that just fit together.  Sigh...

So, what about that mystery project? There's really good news. A new friend, Yvonne from QuiltingJetGirl.com , commented on my predicament last week and sent me very good potential solution.  I can see it in my mind and think it will work.  In order to use it I need some additional padding material which I have ordered and am just waiting for our post person to deliver.  As soon as it gets here I'll be checking it out.  In the meantime, I removed the bottom of the box and bound it to get it ready to become the top of the box.

For now, I have the Sewcial Bee Sampler blocks sitting on it just to try it out.  Jazz is quite certain this is a good plan and particularly likes that the cat material will be on top instead of facing the bottom.

This week we were pleased to have Callie join us for one of the sewing sessions.  She spent equal time overseeing our work, watching the front yard for those pesky chipmunks, and, you know, napping.  Hope you had a great week, too, and we'll chat again next Caturday, uh, Saturday.  Bye Bye, Debbie

6 comments:

  1. Nice block!It will be interesting to see this quilt come together. Love your cats -so cute!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Sue. I'm getting excited about the final quilt.

      Delete
  2. Your progress on he blocks continues to look great. I hope my suggestion helps and works!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm really excited about the box design you sent. Should be completed by next Sat. 4-15-17. I'll send you a message when it hits the blog. I'm so grateful for all the help and encouragement you've provided during this class. I'm starting to feel really confident! Thank you!

      Delete
  3. Cute little helpers! Nice block, great job on the fussy cutting!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you! My helpers really are fun for me!

    ReplyDelete