Thursday, May 7, 2015

So, after 20 years or so of off and on again thinking about seriously quilting, I pulled together all the blue fabric I could find and began to try to see what I might be able to make of them.  After several days of more or less non-stop Pinterest browsing, I decided to do something really small and by hand to get started.  I picked this little, free pattern from Craftsy by HopeTN from Australia. (Thank you!)  It's called Rainbow Flowers Mini Block!
After about a week, this was the result:


It is about 11" by 9.5".  It has some contrast problems which serve to hide the cute pattern, but is is about learning.  Sew, now I know.  My favorite part was the fussy cut fish on the outer border of the block.  I stumbled across this fabric scrap hidden in a drawer in the extra bedroom.


About two weeks in, I started doodling on graph paper and because I still had lots of blue scraps left settled on a double pinwheel for my next block.  Made 4.

Just need to decide what blocks come next and how they'll all eventually fit together.  Hope you're having a great day!  Auntie D





No comments:

Post a Comment